Saturday, July 2, 2011

To OPK or not to OPK?

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I am now taking 1500mg of Met as of Friday. After a week of OPKs, I still have yet to receive a positive. I wonder if I should even continue testing right now? Seeing a constant string of negatives day after day has me really stressed and upset, not to mention downright frustrated and discouraged! Maybe I should just forget about the OPKs for now, BD as much as possible, and hope for the best! The problem with that, though, is that with everything going on right now (trying to fix up and get moved into our house), there hasn't been a lot of time for BDing. DH has a lot on his plate right now and it's just a stressful time with us trying to get moved in. There is just so much going on. Which is why I question my need for the added stress of dealing with OPKs right now? Every time we BD I have the hope that maybe, just maybe, this was the one and I could be pregnant. It feels good to have that possibility again, whereas when I was on BCP for 3 months, I did not have that at all. I try to hang on to that hope, be positive and optimistic, but then I see the OPK staring back at me in all it's negative glory and it's like all that happiness just goes out the window. It then becomes very hard to deny the fact that a pregnancy just isn't likely. I think that right now I need to minimize my stress and focus on the positives. I need to keep those feelings of hope, of possibility, because right now they are all I have, not to mention they are the only things keeping me from going insane! At this point I would rather live in ignorance and believe a pregnancy is possible, rather than have clear evidence to the contrary staring me in the face, waiting to dash the comforting illusions I have created for myself. Every time DH and I BD, I like to believe, to fantasize, that I am PUPO. This belief, this sense of hope, of possibility, is my coping mechanism right now. It's what is getting me through. So, I question whether the OPKs are really worth it right now? Should I take a break and just ditch them if it is becoming too much? Yes, I know I have only OPKd for a week, and that I have only been on the Met for 3 weeks. I know that Met may not work right away and that it may not even work the first month. I know that the Met may not work at all for me and that I may need to take Clomid in conjunction with it, but to want something so badly and not get the results you want is frustrating. I realize that I am probably being all kinds of irrational right now but I can't help it. I guess it all boils down to what I need more, and right now I think what I need most is that sense of hope, of possibility.

2 comments:

  1. I hated OPKs - mostly because I had a heck of a time reading them (until I got the digital, smiley face ones) and I found out that I was ovulating late in my cycle. I think though that it would be best to keep using them - if they remain negative (as much as this sucks) you would be able to have that documented for your doctor whereas if you stop using them then there would be no "proof" that you didn't ovulate. Just my thoughts of course, you need to do whatever is going to be best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that I should keep using them, I think I am just feeling frustrated right now and needed to vent. Maybe I would have better luck with the digital ones? I know they are more expensive but it may be worth it. Thanks for the advice. =]

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez