Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reflections

I am having a period from hell. If ever I needed it rubbed in my face that I am indeed NOT pregnant, this would definitely do the trick. The flow is really heavy and the cramps are terrible; guess that D&C I had back in January did not do anything to make my periods lighter like Dr. C said it may. It's weird to think about my period, and what it really represents to me as a woman. I have life flowing out of me; not just my own life, but  the ability to give and create it; and the power to sustain it. Many women do not consider their periods more than an inconvenience; but when you are a woman TTC, you'd be surprised what things take on new meaning and symbolism. It's like I feel connected to the world, to the Earth, to life. And with that connection comes the promise of new hope, new possibility, a new future. Yeah...I am in a strange mood today...

2 comments:

  1. Hello.. I found your blog through another blogger I follow.
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the AF queen. I had a D&C 2 weeks ago and am NOT looking forward to my 1st period :(

    I look forward to following your blog and following your jounery to motherhood!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime AF just adds insult to injury. Hope her stay is short lived!

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez