Monday, July 11, 2011

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes...



 I often sit daydreaming about the day I finally do get my BFP; I think of how happy I’ll be. How I’ll squeal and run to my husband with arms outstretched; tears of happiness and utter joy streaming down my face as I leap into his arms. I'll spend hours on the phone breaking the happy news to friends and loved ones and everyone will be so happy and excited for us. Cinderella said that in dreams we lose our heartaches. Well, I think she forgot to mention the part where you wake from a dream and realize it’s not real only to have that feeling of your heart being ripped from your chest. Over and over I have the same dream; the dream that I am either expecting or in active labor. It always feels so real, so vivid. Once in the dream we were bringing our baby (a boy) home from the hospital; he had a full head of dark hair just like his father. We were so happy, and then I woke in tears and heartbroken to find it wasn’t true. I wonder, when will I meet this child I so often dream of? Will it ever become reality? Sometimes I fear it will never be anything more than a fantasy. I hope to make my BFP announcement soon!

2 comments:

  1. I think you will get to do your announcement soon. And it will be just as great as you imagined

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clewis. You always know just what to say. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez