Thursday, July 14, 2011

Disbelief!

Okay, so I took an OPK a little bit ago and got a positive! I mean, the line showed up almost immediately, before the control line had even completely formed! I just can't believe it! I was talking to a few girlfriends today (telling them about last night's puke fiasco), when they both suggested that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and take an HPT just to see. Haven't experienced any more pukage (thank God!) but all day today I have still felt nauseous and just generally unwell; haven't even felt like eating anything. I didn't want to take an HPT yet because I figured it would be best to wait it out and see if AF shows. Plus, I just didn't want to deal with disappointment of seeing a BFN right now. I have been doing some research and apparently an OPK can detect HCG as well. Since the positive came up so rapidly, is there a chance that I could be pregnant?! Should I test in the morning?!

Even if I'm not pregnant this is still wonderful news. A positive OPK is, for me, a cause for celebration! At least now I can know that the Met may be working. There is no way I would ever be able to repay my OB/GYN for all the help he has given; such a wonderful man! I am still shaking and can't believe it. I took a picture of the strip and texted it to DH. lol. I called him and started crying I was so happy. I may not be pregnant, but I am still beyond thrilled to have my first every positive OPK. Even if I turn out not to be pregnant, at least I now know that pregnancy is possible and that means the world to me! Some of you may be thinking, "what's the big deal?" But speaking as someone who doesn't ovulate, it is a HUGE deal to me! I feel as though I could break out into song or shout it from the roof tops! Now we have a real chance of actually getting pregnant! For the first tine in a while, I have hope again and I feel good!  

So, to test or not test? I should also mention that I have felt really hot today and for the last few days I have had cramping and discomfort in my lower abdomen like my period may start but it hasn't. Could these be pregnancy symptoms or just normal signs of ovulation? I have a hard time believing it could be so easy, but at the same time, I want so badly to believe. Of course, I have so certain before and been let down so who knows really. Don't want to think negatively though. I am still astonished at how quickly that positive came up!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! If you test in the morning will you use an HPT or OPK? I think if it were me, I wouldn't be able to resist testing again (and again, and again....haha)
    Fingers are crossed that this means you are pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, that's a good step in the right direction. In my opinion I wouldn't test. Just because I did this a few times and always regretted it. The result was negative and then I got all upset but at the same time I started thinking, "well maybe it's wrong" and basically just drove myself nutty. Then when I had my HCG blood test I then got upset all over again. I just dont think it's worth it. Why get upset twice rather than once. Keep the hope you have got now and try and wait. hope this has helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should wait until your missed period. I think if its negative it will take away from your celebration for your positive OPK! Congrats on the positive!

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez