Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Redecorating Frenzy!

We have been busy, busy since buying the house last Friday! In addition to putting down new carpet, hubby has now decided that he wants to repaint the whole house. We were thinking a cream color for the walls, and since I know I'm not pregnant yet and have no idea whether we'll be having a boy or a girl (I think boy, but that's another post), a nice mint green or soft yellow for the nursery (I would not really want to go with the traditional pink or blue anyway). I was originally going to leave the room as is, but since we are now repainting anyway, we figured hey, why not?

As I was looking at the different paint colors yesterday, emotions overcame me and I started to get a little teary. I thought to myself, "I can't believe I am picking out colors for our baby's room, this is really happening." I know it's such a small thing, but it really means so much. It shows that hope is still alive, that we have faith it's going to happen, and soon!

I figure we could paint the nursery now, and then when our child is old enough, he/she could have a say in deciding what color to paint their room next. I can't believe we have a house to paint, let alone a nursery. We are getting this room ready for our child. I haven't even met him/her yet, but already I know I love this child with all my heart and would do anything for him/her. Crazy how that works!

I was showing my mom the nursery the other day and she said, "Well, what if you have twins?" LOL. Does she know something I don't?! It's really funny she mentioned that, because if I end up having to take Clomid, there is a very real chance of that happening! She doesn't know anything about me taking meds to get pregnant or that we have even been trying, but once we move and get settled into our house I plan on talking with her about it. She had trouble getting pregnant with my brother, so I'm sure she'll be able to understand what I'm going through, but at the same time I'm sure she'll be sad that I'm having problems.

I have about a week's worth of BCP's left, then after I have my period I will start the Metformin. I am anxious now more than ever to get started! If anyone has any gender-neutral paint ides for a nursery besides green or yellow, please feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. I think you have picked the best 2 gender neutral colours. Its tricky as that really is it. I think purple is really cute for a girl, but like you said, who knows what you will end up having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking lavender or even a nice periwinkle blue, but then I thought maybe these colors were a little more on the feminine side? I wonder if it's even right to paint the nursery now, but I keep telling myself it's just a little paint. lol. And if it keeps me feeling positive and gives me something to look forward to, then what's the harm, right? Anyway, thanks for input. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez