Friday, June 17, 2011

Back in the Game!

And so, here it is, the day we've been waiting for. AF is over so today I will start my meds. I am both excited and nervous about this. For this first week I will take the Met once a day (500 Mg), for the 2nd week twice daily (1000 Mg), and from the 3rd week onward 3 times daily. That's 1500 Mg total, and from what I've read, they really don't like to exceed this dosage. I have to introduce it to my system gradually so as to reduce shock to my system and hopefully (fingers crossed) lessen side-effects. I am hanging all my hopes on this medicine being successful, kinda scary really...

A few days ago marked a year of TTC (although, I guess we can't count the last 3 months because I was on BCPs). I am hoping that the next half of this blog will be not about me trying to achieve pregnancy, but about me actually being pregnant!

It seems that everywhere I look there are pregnant women. Hell, half the women whose blogs I follow are now pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for them. Each of them are lovely ladies who deserve this happiness and have endured much to achieve it; at the same time, though, I can't help but wonder, "why not me?" "When is it going to be my turn?" I feel like the kid in school who gets picked last for every sports team...

Oh well, tonight I will pop a pill and say, "here's to our baby." We are now one step closer. :)

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. "why not me", its horrible to see if happen to so many people and you are still waiting. It isn't very nice. I hope you can just hang on a wee bit longer and keep going and I really think you will get there. It cant be bad forever aye. thanks for all your kind messages to me lately, I know that cant be easy, you are handling yourself with lots of dignity. All the best and will keep following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya....I've been asking myself those questions for 4 years now. Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, and same to you. I have been following your journey and wish you all the best. Feel free to follow me as well...I am fairly new to the blogging world. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clewis, I can't begin to say what your words of encouragement and support mean to me. Sometimes just knowing that even one person believes it will happen for you, can make all the difference on the darkest of days...thank you. =]

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez