Friday, June 3, 2011

To Paint, or not to Paint? That is the Question....


 So, hubby and I have been keeping the roads hot all week trying to get things in order for the house. This afternoon when he gets home we are going back to Lowe's (surprise) to grab a gazillion paint and carpet samples. Hubby informs me he wants a decision made sometime this weekend. The pressure is on! I feel like this space is becoming more about home improvement than a blog about TTC. But bear with me, it will get relevant in a second.

So, I am still debating on whether to paint the nursery, and if so, what color. Before we got going on this whole painting endeavor I had intended to leave the room as is (a tanish color). Well, then I think, should I just leave it and not bother repainting at all right now? Why am I in such a rush? If I decide to hold off on the painting it's not like I will have missed my chance, since that room is not going to be used for anything else. I keep telling myself it's just a little paint and that positive feelings are good, but what if I'm just setting myself up for heartache? I think I am over-thinking it, as I'm pretty sure I will go ahead and paint the room regardless. I have already made up my mind, already became too invested.

I posted on FB last night asking if people knew of any gender-neutral colors. One girl replied saying, "most people wait until they know the gender before decorating." Okay, first of all, I am not MOST people. Secondly, did you miss the part where I said I am NOT pregnant? Obviously. And of course it's easy for her to be so nonchalant about it, she has two beautiful children. I swear, some people can be so insensitive. Oh well, it's my fault. When seeking people's opinions there is always a risk that something will be said you don't like.

We missed the nosy neighbor yesterday. Hopefully we can dodge her again...

4 comments:

  1. Grrrrr..........To the person that told you to wait. I buy baby things all the time and I'm not pregnant. I dont care if people think I'm nuts, I just think its being prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hun thanks for the comments and for following me =]. I'm pretty new to the blogging world and I want to follow your blog but your page doesn't have the "Follow" icon for me to click on... HELP!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'm not sure...I always just go to dashboard "blogs I'm following" click on "add" and then copy and paste the person's blog URL to follow that way. Try that and see if it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I see it worked. Thanks for following. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez