Monday, September 26, 2011

I am sad to report that I am starting off the week in a very annoyed state (not a good combo for a Monday). A few hours ago I learned that my ob/gyn will not be back in the office until Thursday, which means another week of sitting on my hands waiting for answers. Gah, I hate being in limbo! Boy, talk about the Monday Blues! Oh well, since there's nothing I can do about it, here's a survey to distract me while I wait:


1. Name of the future mommy to be?: K

2. Name of the future daddy to be?: D
3. How long has the future parents been together/married?: Together for 8 years total; married for almost 3 of those years.
4. When did you start trying to conceive?: June 2010
5. What is the hardest part of T.T.C?: The constant string of BFN's month after month. Getting my hopes, trying to think positively, really believing, only to be let down every time. I've learned I can't even trust my own body because I want a baby so badly my body will play tricks on me making me think I'm pregnant when I'm not.
6. What does the future mommy want to have?: I really want to give my husband a son, but honestly I couldn't care less about the gender; just a happy, healthy baby is all that matters.
7. What does the future daddy want to have?: He says it doesn't matter and I'm sure that's true, but I know in his heart he wants a little carbon-copy running around.  
8. Is there a certain month or season you’d like to have the baby in?: I've always fantasized about having a baby during the holiday season. It would also be cool to have a baby in April since both my hubby and I are April babies; but honestly the timing doesn't matter; I'm not picky, I just want a baby!
9. What are you looking forward to most when you finally conceive? Being able to finally share the good news with our family and friends who have been waiting right alongside us. I have fantasized about that moment so many times, I can only hope it will be a reality soon. Other than that I just really look forward to being pregnant; feeling my child move inside me and instantly feeling that connection and unbreakable love for him or her. I hear it's an amazing, life-changing experience; one I hope to have for myself very soon.
10. What has been the best thing about the T.T.C. process? Definitely that despite all the heartache and disappointment it has brought my hubby and I closer together than I ever thought possible. If there was one good thing to come out of all this drama it's that. We had a good marriage before, but we are now closer than ever and this experience has really solidified our bond and forced us to rely on each other more.
11. Pick out any names yet, for when the big day comes?: Yes
12. Any certain reason for choosing those names? Middle names for boy and girl are family names
13. Do you know what T.T.C. stands for?:I'm not even going to dignify this with an answer....
14. What things do you do to check for when your fertile?: CM, BBT, the usual.

15.Do you use Ovulation Tests? Yes
16. What does the future daddy do to help you with T.T.C. process: My hubby has really been my support system. He is always there to listen and even just hold me if I need a good cry. He has even gone with me to all of my appointments so far. 

17. How long do you plan on continuing the T.T.C process?:As long as it takes!
18. Will you consider In-Vitro or any other type of Infertility medicine?: Absolutely!
19. Have you had your pre-conceiving physical?: Yes
20.How many children would you like to have?: I used to say 2 but now I'd be happy with just one perfect little miracle baby.
21.Have you started buying some baby stuff? :So far all we have is a crib; what can I say? It was on sale and we just can't resist a bargain!
22.Any books that you’ve read that have been helpful?:No books as of yet but I'm certainly open to suggestions!
23.Is your family and friends supportive of deciding to T.T.C.?: There have been a few negative Nancy's but overall everyone has been more supportive than I could have imagined! I am especially thankful for two girlfriends (fellow IFers) who have really been there for me throughout this process. I honestly don't know what I would do without these two ladies in my life. So grateful for them!
24. Have you made any BIG changes in your life to help you conceive? Diet changes, exercise, etc. Also daily prenatal and many doctor visits (a big deal for me because I HATE going to the doctor)!  
25.Have you abstained from alcohol and drugs? Drugs have never been a part of my life, and I'm not much of a drinker anyway.
26.So if you unfortunately do not conceive, then what?: Adoption.
27.Are you healthy enough to be pregnant?: Yes
28.Do you really think your ready to be a parent?: Absolutely!
29.Any advice for other woman out there T.T.C.?: Just speaking from personal experience: stay strong, keep faith, and never give up! 
Well, that's that! I am going shopping later for some fall decor (I love this time of year) so maybe that will cheer me up. Here's the wreath I put up yesterday:

Well, that's all for now. Have a great week ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez