Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Big Changes Ahead!

So this morning I bit the bullet and finally made an appointment with a fertility clinic. I must have stared at the phone for several minutes before summoning the courage to dial, but finally I did. The whole process was painless and only took a few minutes. So I now have an appointment mid January. They had an opening as early as November 19th, but DH and I discussed it and felt that with the holidays coming up, it would be best to wait. At least this gives me plenty of time to really process everything and let it sink in, prepare myself for what's coming down the road. And should I by some miracle get pregnant this month or the next, I could always just cancel my appointment.

The RE I'm seeing is the same one that helped my dear friend get pregnant with twins. The clinic is in the next town over which is 30-45 minutes away, so not exactly a convenience, but if this guy helps me get our baby any amount of distance traveled will be immeasurably worth it! It may seem like such a small thing but this really is a big step for us. For the first time in at least two months I feel like I have hope again. A plan. A direction. A path to follow. We are moving forward. I sat my fears aside to prove that I will do anything for our unborn child! So looks like DH and I are embarking on a new journey in 2012....

2 comments:

  1. First - thank you for the kind words on my blog, it has been a rough few weeks, but we are getting through it day by day.
    Second - Congratulations on taking this step. I know it is a big step to take, but in the end, when you finally get your baby(-ies) it will be so worth it! Hope the appointment goes well, January will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking the next step to see a RE is good!

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez