Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ok, so I totally had a STFU fertile moment earlier. I said something on FB about how I love the show One Born Every Minute, but hate it because it makes me so emotional and increases my longing for a baby all the more. Well, this person commented and said, "It will happen when the time is right." First of all, I am so SICK of hearing this. It is so easy for someone to say this when they have no clue what it's like to struggle to have a baby, want it so badly, and then not see it happen. And what about MY time, doesn't MY time mean a darn thing?! And the person saying this, she's younger than me (25) and has two kids already. Me, I'm frighteningly close to 30 and struggling for just the one. So yeah, this woman has no idea what I'm taking about or what I'm going through. So as far as I'm concerned, she can take her pseudo well-meaning,  condescending platitudes and shove them where the sun doesn't shine! Maybe I'm overreacting; maybe she did mean well with the best of intentions, but I am sick and tired of the air of superiority with fertiles. I think there is definitely this sense of, "Oh, I'm better than you."  And then when I responded back, her stance immediately changed to one of sorrow and pity; I could practically feel the waves of it rolling off the words before me; it was palpable! I feel like screaming "I don't need your sorrow or pity; I am not ashamed!" And the truth is I don't, and I'm not. I have been pretty open about this process from the very beginning. This is my journey, my fight, and I will fully embrace it.. So I have to go through hell and high water to get there, it just means I will have that much more love, adoration, and respect for the miracle life that is my child when I do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez