Friday, May 6, 2011

Sayonara BCP and Boycotting Mother's Day

So, I don't get a baby for Mother's Day, I get a period. Boy, way to rub salt in an already open wound. As if I really needed this reminder that I am not yet a mom. Thanks a lot universe, for having a laugh at my expense.

In all actuality I know I cannot "skip" Mother's Day, as much as I would like to. No, we still have to celebrate with my mother and grandmother, and my MIL as well. I wish I could just treat this day like any other, but that isn't going to happen.

DH tells me I have a "bad attitude." Well, I'm sorry but I can't help the bitterness and resentment I feel. This is my first Mother's Day since we started trying and I'm having trouble dealing, so sue me! For the last few years I have dreaded Mother's Day, this is nothing new. But since we started TTC, I find that those feelings have only grown in intensity. I hate it when someone makes me feel as if I'm not entitled to my feelings.You'd think he could find it in his heart to be more understanding, more compassionate, but I guess not....

In other news, I am now finished with my two months of BCP. I will take my last folic acid (sugar) pill today (bring on the period!). This means goodbye unexpected breakthrough bleeding, yucky discharge (sorry, TMI), annoying acne and cramps, and most importantly, goodbye to sex with zero chance of pregnancy. Unless of course my OB/GYN decides I need another month of BCP, which I really hope is NOT the case.

I am sure he has my lab results by now as well. I really hope it isn't bad news,  but I guess we'll see come Tuesday...

2 comments:

  1. I feel very sour about mothers day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we can take comfort in knowing we are not alone. Wishing you strength on this Mother's Day. May we both be celebrating next year!

    ReplyDelete

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez