Thursday, December 16, 2010

6 months/Introductions

To anyone reading this, it is probably fairly obvious from the title what this blog will consist of. Yep, you guessed it, this is another one of "those" blogs. This blog will be a space for me to share my innermost thoughts and feelings as they pertain to motherhood, or, more accurately, the journey towards getting there. Nope, I have not yet reached the holy grail, nor have I seen the promised land. 6 months and lots of sex later, and still nothing to show for it. Now, I know what many of you ladies out there must be thinking, "it has only been 6 months, what are you whining about?" I know that for many of you struggling through years and years of infertility, 6 months must seem like a cake walk; for me, however, 6 months is a big deal.

Let me start with a little back story, if I may. I am 27 and my husband is 30. We are just shy of our two year anniversary. We made the decision 6 months ago to begin trying for a family. Now understand that for me especially, this longing to be a mother has been present for years. My husband and I knew even when we were dating that we wanted to be parents, we were trying to wait, though, until we were financially stable before beginning that journey. Well 6 months ago and after years of waiting, that glorious opportunity finally presented itself. Everything is not "perfect" but then, is there such a thing? We decided we didn't want to put off the dream of parenthood any longer, so we began TTC. I have always had that longing to be a mother, the only difference now is that it has majorly intensified over the last 6 months. I thought, "FINALLY, I am going to see a dream revealed!" Because ya know, every couple is optimistic in the beginning and thinks it will happen right away. Yet, here I sit 6 months down the line, pouring my heart out in this blog instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez