Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The road ahead...

So, went to my follow-up appointment with obgyn yesterday and the news was very good! Doc said that he was "very pleased" with what he saw on the D&C. Normal looking uterine cavity, normal thickness of lining, and tubes nice and open. No evidence of cancer on uterine scraping, and pap came back normal! He said I can now rest assured and breathe a sigh of relief that physically everything is fine and can be ruled out as a cause for my inability to get pregnant. I honestly cannot express what a relief it was to hear these words. After over a year of worry and fear I can now be completely secure in the knowledge that my reproductive organs are fine. This is huge news! It really feels as though I have finally been unburdened of the huge weight I have been carrying for over a year. I now feel lighter both mentally and spiritually. I now know that the things I need to conceive, and nurture a healthy, developing baby are all in working order. This is wonderful news and honestly means the world to me! I know that somebody upstairs is on my (our) side and looking out for me (us). I don't deserve it, but I know it's true.

So, the plan now is to do two months of birth control and see how that works out. The hope is that the BC will "trick" my body into doing what it needs to. I wish there was another way to regulate my cycle but apparently this is the only option available. I (we) are not thrilled about losing two months of potential baby-making time; but hey, it could be worse and will all be worth it in the end.  After the two months of BC we will begin something to help with ovulation. Doc said we have a little bit of a road ahead, but I know it is a road filled with hope! :-)

P.S. I have the best obgyn in the world! He was even nice enough to prescribe some antibiotics for this cold that's been kicking my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez