Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A watched pot never boils.

We all know the phrase. Well, apparently it applies to cell phones too because a watched one never rings. Went on Saturday morning to have my serum progesterone done to see if I actually O'd on the Clomid. I got up at 6 am after a restless night's sleep and was out the door by 7 to drive half an hour and ensure I'd be there before 8. Yes, all this for something that takes less than a minute. My clinics rule for holidays and weekends is that if no one shows by 8:20am they close up shop. And who could blame them? I'm sure that they don't want to be there any more than I wanted to get up at the butt crack of dawn on a Saturday after only 2-3hrs sleep at most. And living a half hour away I had to ensure that I would be on time, especially given that this was a time sensitive matter; as so many things in the infertility world seem to be!

Well, here it is Tuesday and I've heard nothing from the nurse yet. At this point I am not very hopeful that I responded at all. I never got a +opk, and I didn't notice any signs of O. It has also occured to me that next month is my birthday. Yep, the big 2-9! I keep telling myself that I'll be fine as long as We get pregnant before I hit 30. Personally, I can't think of anything more depressing. :/ DH also has a birthday next month. Ours are exactly 10 days apart. How cool is that? :)

In non baby related news, we are currently building a deck on the back of our house. Home projects, FTW! At least this is keeping me somewhat distracted, otherwise I probably would have gone crazy by now! We went this past weekend and picked out patio furniture. I am in love with it! It's Martha Stewart and it is oh so nice and comfy. I predict that the back patio will soon become my fave hangout spot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez