Thursday, February 17, 2011

Playing Catch Up....

So....a lot has happened since I last updated. Got the results of my ultrasound, all fine there. In fact, doc said ovaries and uterus are "perfect." He even said that if he had a uterus he'd want it to look like mine (yay for awkward doctor humor and compliments). Uterus is perfect size, shape, no thickening of the lining, etc. Ovaries were good except for one follicular cyst. I was assured this was a common cyst that should disappear on its own. Hormone levels were all within a normal range as well (I thought for sure those would be off). So, that's that. Now Monday I am having a D&C with hysterscopy done. Doc is doing this just to rule out the presence of anything since ultrasound was clear (hopefully he won't find anything on this either). Once this is done he will prescribe me BC for 3 months to regulate my cycle, then onto something to help with ovulation. So, that's the plan. As of now we still don't know what's causing my irregular cycles, but doc suspects it may be stress. Is it bad to say I hope I'm pregnant so I won't have to go through this procedure? I hate hospitals. Been a while since I've been a patient in one. I'm glad to have a doc who is being so aggressive in helping us to achieve our dream of parenthood, but at the same time it sucks ending up with more questions. We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

One Woman's Journey to Motherhood Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez